- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Antioch Baptist Church remains; undated
- Date of Original:
African American churches
- United States, Mississippi, Tippah County, Blue Mountain, 34.67093, -89.02645
- images (object genre)
- From the Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection. Photograph of the remains of Antioch Baptist Church in Blue Mountain, Mississippi, after it was destroyed by fire in an act of racial violence. Three men stand looking at the remains of the church. Two are unidentified; Cleveland (Cleve) Sellers is on the right.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M357 Dahl (Kathleen) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 5 M357-95
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries