- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Southern Conference Educational Fund to concerned individuals and organizations; May 9, 1968
- Southern Conference Educational Fund
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Southern Conference Educational Fund
- Al-Amin, Jamil, 1943-
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers. Memo from the Southern Conference Educational Fund (SCEF). Notifies interested parties of the May 13 trial of H. Rap Brown, chair of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, in New Orleans on a weapons charge. The memo calls for action against the federal weapons law, which prohibits an indicted person from carrying a gun. Brown later change hiis name to Jamil Al-Amin).
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 6, Folder 10
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries