- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Mrs. Fannie Lou Hamer, et al., versus Cecil C. Campbell, circuit clerk and registrar of Sunflower County, Mississippi; March 11, 1966
- United States. Court of Appeals (5th Circuit)
- Date of Original:
Sunflower County (Miss.)
United States. Court of Appeals (5th Circuit)
- Hamer, Fannie Lou
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers. <br>Decision of the United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, in the case of Fannie Lou Hamer, et all., vs. Cecil C. Campbell, et al., handed down on March 11, 1966. The Court ruled to postpone the upcoming election of municipal officials in Sunflower County, Mississippi, on the grounds that some citizens of that county were denied the right to register to vote because of racial discrimination.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 5, Folder 13
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries