- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party newsletter, Vol. 2, no. 6; undated
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers. <br>Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) newsletter that describes racial discrimination against two African American Alcorn College students which led to an out-break of racial violence. Includes a special insert about Charles Evers' campaign for the U.S. Congress. Provides updates about MFDP actions in Mississippi and information about discrimination in the educational system and school desegregation.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 3, Folder 20
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries