- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- News release by Congressman Charles McC. Mathias; July 7, 1965
- Mathias, Charles McC. (Charles McCurdy), 1922-
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Mathias, Charles McC. (Charles McCurdy), 1922-2010
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers. <br>News release of a statement made on the floor of the House of Representatives by Congressman Charles McC. Mathias of Maryland, announcing his support for the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Also discusses some of the objectives of the Act, including abolition of the poll tax.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 2, Folder 28
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries