- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Young Democrats Club press release and speech; February 15, 1965
- Young Democrats Club (University of Illinois)
- Contributor to Resource:
- Quirk, John
- Date of Original:
- African American political activists
Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Young Democrats Club (University of Illinois)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers. <br>This two-part document includes a copy of a press release given by the Young Democrats Club of the University of Illinois regarding the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. A copy of a speech given by John Quirk, President of the University of Illinois Young Democrats Club, is also included. The speech introduces Victoria Gray and includes Quirk's opinions on the conditions of Mississippi and African Americans.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 2, Folder 28
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries