- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Charles C. Diggs, Jr. to Victoria Gray; September 22, 1964
- Diggs, Charles C
- Date of Original:
- African American political activists
Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers. <br>Typewritten letter from Congressman Charles C. Diggs, Jr. to Victoria Jackson Gray (Adams), dated September 22, 1964, in which Diggs commends Gray on her efforts as a member of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) delegation to the Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City in August 1964. Expresses support and encouragement for Gray and the MFDP.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 2, Folder 21
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries