- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- To get that power; undated
- Mississippians United to Elect Negro Candidates
- Date of Original:
- African American political activists
Civil rights movement
Mississippians United to Elect Negro Candidates
Representative government and representation
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- Booklet from the Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers <br>Booklet titled "To get that power" compiled by Mississippians United to Elect Negro Candidates to solicit funds to support the campaigns of African American candidates in the 1967 Mississippi elections. Eight counties are named as priority areas, and one candidate per area is highlighted in the booklet. Also included is a proposed budget for donated funds.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M345 Adams (Victoria Gray) Papers
Box 1, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries