- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Dick Gregory campaign button; undated
- Date of Original:
- African American Politicians
- Gregory, Dick
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- From the Campbell (Will D.) Papers; Digital photograph of a round campaign button that says "Write in Dick Gregory President, Peace and Freedom," colored red, black, and yellow. Gregory ran for President in 1968 as the candidate for the Peace and Freedom party. His name was not on the ballot in every state, so his supporters were urged to write his name in on the ballot.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M341 Campbell (Will D.) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M341
Box 55, Folder 24
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries