- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- M is for Mississippi and Murder; November 1955
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- Pamphlet from the Campbell (Will D.) Papers; Pamphlet prepared by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in November 1955. Provides information about three racially-charged murders in Mississippi: Rev. George W. Lee in Belzoni, Lamar Smith in Brookhaven, and Emmett Till in Money.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M341 Campbell (Will D.) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M341
Box 54, Folder 16
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries