- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Garry Oniki to Will D. Campbell; [May 20, 1964]
- Oniki, S. Garry, 1920-
- Date of Original:
United States. Federal Communications Commission
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Campbell (Will D.) Papers; Typewritten letter from Garry Oniki, Executive Coordinator of the Committee for Racial Justice Now, to Will D. Campbell, stamped May 20, 1964. The writer requests that Campbell write a letter to the Federal Communications Committee (FCC) in support of petitions filed against two Jackson, Mississippi, television stations, WLBT and WJTV. The petitions were filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on April 15, 1964, and requested that the licenses of the two stations be denied on charges of discrimination against minorities and failure to represent public interests.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M341 Campbell (Will D.) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M341
Box 6, Folder 16
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries