- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Will D. Campbell to David Mathis; October 28, 1968
- Campbell, Will D
- Date of Original:
- Race relations
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Campbell (Will D.) Papers; Copy of a typewritten letter on letterhead of the Committee of Southern Churchmen from Will D. Campbell to David Mathis, editor of Sidelines, dated October 28, 1968. Campbell discusses an article printed in a recent issue of the student paper of Middle Tennessee State University. He points out that the article raised important questions, but did so in a way that could be perceived as offensive.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M341 Campbell (Will D.) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M341
Box 6, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries