- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter from Will D. Campbell to Rev. J.C. Herrin; 5 March 1962
- Campbell, Will D
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- From the Campbell (Will D.) Papers. Copy of a typewritten letter from Will D. Campbell to Rev. J.C. Herrin, dated March 5, 1962, in which Campbell discusses the situation of Rev. R.B. Smith of Indianola, Mississippi. Smith, a pastor, was forced to leave Indianola by the local White Citizens council, and Campbell is requesting financial help from Herrin for Rev. Smith.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M341 Campbell (Will D.) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M341
Box 3, Folder 15 M351-448
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries