- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, FBI report on Freedom Ride, 1961; August 21, 1961
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Date of Original:
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights workers
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Gordon (Albert F.) Freedom Rider Collection.; Report of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) concerning the arrest of a group of Freedom Riders on July 9, 1961, in Jackson, Mississippi. Includes details of the incident and information on Albert F. Gordon, one of the Freedom Riders.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M337 Gordon (Albert F.) Freedom Rider Collection
Box 1, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries