- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Arrest record and offense reports; July 9-10, 1961
- Chance, W.C
Jackson (Miss.). Police Dept
- Date of Original:
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights workers
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Gordon (Albert F.) Freedom Rider Collection.; Copies of an arrest record for Albert F. Gordon and offense reports from the Jackson, Mississippi, police department dated July 9, 1961. The offense report lists names and addresses of eight Freedom Riders arrested in Jackson at the Trailways bus station for breach of peace (Daniel Ritchie Burkholder, Lionel Goldbart, Albert Forrest Gordon, Stephen Greenstein, Jeanne [?] Herrick, Saul Bernard Manfield, Ralph Robert Rogers, and Lula Mae White) and contains an account of the incident. A disposition record dated July 10, 1961, shows a sentence of a $200 fine and four months in jail. Arresting officer was Capt. John Ray.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M337 Gordon (Albert F.) Freedom Rider Collection
Box 1, Folder 3
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries