- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Program for Town Hall meeting; August 20,1964
- Mississippi Project Parents Committee
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Program for a Town Hall meeting held at New York University on August 20, 1964. The meeting,"Hearing on Mississippi," featured panelists listening to another group testify on their experiences in Mississippi. The meeting was sponsored by the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) and the Mississippi Project Parents Committee.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M336 Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 16
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries