- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Mississippi Summer Project - running summary of incidents; 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Project
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Running summary of various incidents that occurred during the Mississippi Freedom Project, Summer 1964. Organized chronologically, each entry gives the city and the incident. Includes instances of harassment, hostility, and violence against civil rights workers, as well as successful instances of integration.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M336 Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M336
Box 1, Folder 14
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries