- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Student voice, Vol. 5 no. 15; 30 June 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Newsletter of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC). Includes an article about James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner, civil rights workers who were murdered in Philadelphia, Mississippi. Also covers the Freedom Summer training session in Oxford, Ohio, and incidents of racial violence in Mississippi.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M336 Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 11
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries