- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Statement by Andrew Goodman's parents; August 5, 1964
- Goodman, Carolyn
Goodman, Robert, d. 1969
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Typewritten statement by Robert and Carolyn Goodman, the parents of Andrew Goodman, dated August 5, 1964. The Goodmans express grief over the deaths of their son and fellow civil rights workers, James Chaney and Michael Schwerner, who were murdered near Philadelphia, Mississippi. The statement informs the public of the struggle for equality in the South and requests support and protection for those civil rights workers who remain there.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M336 Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 5
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries