- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Kenneth B. Keating to Israel Zwerling; September 5, 1964
- Keating, Kenneth B. (Kenneth Barnard), 1900-1975
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
United States. Dept. of Justice
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Typewritten letter on Congressional letterhead from Senator Kenneth B. Keating to Dr. Israel Zwerling dated September 5, 1964. Keating affirms his support for civil rights workers in Mississippi and his advocacy for their protection by the federal government. He also mentions Zwerling's son, Matthew, a civil rights volunteer in Mississippi during the summer of 1964.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M336 Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries