- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Telegram from Israel Zwerling; August 4, 1964
- Zwerling, Israel, 1917-
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Justice, Administration of
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Telegram from Dr. Israel Zwerling, dated August 4, 1964, sent to President Lyndon B. Johnson, Senator Jacob Javits, Senator Kenneth Keating, Congressman William F. Ryan, Congressman Ogden Reid, Attorney General Robert Kennedy, and Mississippi Governor Paul B. Johnson regarding the discovery of three bodies near Philadelphia, Mississippi.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M336 Zwerling (Matthew) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries