- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Charles and Anna Mantinband to friends; 1963
- Mantinband, Charles, b. 1895
Mantinband, Anna Kest
- Date of Original:
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Copy of a typewritten newsletter, the Mantinband Megillah, from Rabbi Charles and Anna Mantinband to friends dated 1963, in which the Mantinbands discuss events in their life during the past year. Included in the letter is information about their move from Hattiesburg, Mississippi, to Longview, Texas, as well as professional activities of the Rabbi. One notable activity included a visit to the White House in June, at which time the Rabbi and other clergymen from around the country participated in a two-hour session on race relations with President Kennedy.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M327 Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M327
Box 2, Folder 6
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries