- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Charles and Anna Mantinband to friends; 1962
- Mantinband, Charles, b. 1895
Mantinband, Anna Kest
- Date of Original:
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Copy of a typewritten newsletter, the Mantinband Megillah, written in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, from Rabbi Charles and Anna Mantinband to friends, dated New Year 1962. The Mantinbands discuss their health problems, travels for the year, and the Rabbi's special interests and many committee memberships related to his duties. Also mentions that the Rabbi authored the 1962 Race Relations Message for the Conference of Rabbis as well as an article that was accepted by the Jewish Archives.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M327 Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M327
Box 2, Folder 6
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries