- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, the Mantinbands to friends; January 1958
- Mantinband, Charles, b. 1895
Mantinband, Anna Kest
- Date of Original:
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Copy of a typewritten newsletter, the Mantinband Megillah, from Rabbi Charles and Anna Mantinband to friends, dated January 1958. The Mantinbands discuss their interest in race-related issues, particularly the Rabbi's continued service on the board of the Southern Regional Council, and their attendance at the National Conference of Christians and Jews where they encouraged the inclusion of interracial issues with interfaith issues. Also mentions the challenges of living in the South and gives an update about their family and travels for the year.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M327 Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M327
Box 2, Folder 6
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries