- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- In Dixieland I take my stand : program of the First Annual George Brussel Memorial Lecture; April 16, 1962
- Mantinband, Charles, b. 1895
Ross, Alexander I., d. 2003
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Religion and social problems
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers. <br>Lecture delivered by Rabbi Charles Mantinband on April 16, 1962, at the First Annual George Brussel Memorial Lecture held at the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue in New York, New York. Mantinband discusses his involvement in civil rights work and the state of race relations in the South. He advocates that the history of persecution against the Jews should motivate them to participate in civil rights work. Includes an introduction by Alexander I. Ross. Copy of a printed pamphlet.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M327 Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers
Box 2, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries