- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Jacob K. Shankman to Mrs. Charles Mantinband; October 17, 1974
- Shankman, Jacob K
- Date of Original:
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- Copy of a typewritten letter from Rabbi Jacob K. Shankman to Mrs. Anna Mantinband dated October 17, 1974, in which Shankman offers sympathy at the death of Rabbi Charles Mantinband. Shankman expresses his admiration for Mantinband for his dedication to civil rights and his work as a Rabbi. He also recalls the trip they took together to Israel in 1951.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M327 Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M327
Box 1, Folder 11
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries