- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- From the diary of a Mississippi rabbi; 
- Mantinband, Charles, b. 1895
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Religion and social problems
Southern Regional Council
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- DescriptionFrom the Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers. Article comprised of excerpts from a diary kept by Rabbi Charles Mantinband in 1962 when he served as chairman for the Mississippi Division of the Southern Regional Council. Includes information about race relations in the South, specifically Mississippi, and the Jewish community in Hattiesburg.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M327 Mantinband (Rabbi Charles) Papers
Box 1, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries