- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, P.D. East to Theron Lynd; November 26, 1962
- East, Percy Dale
- Date of Original:
- Hattiesburg (Miss.)
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Transcribed copy of a typewritten letter from P. D. East to Theron Lynd, dated November 26, 1962. East makes reference to an incident in which Lynd publicly accused him of being a communist and demands that Lynd either prove his accusation or go before the Men's Club of the Oak Grove Methodist Church in Lamar County, Mississippi, and apologize for the statement.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M324 East (P.D.) Collection
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M324
Box 2, Folder 12
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries