- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- News release, Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee; December 10, 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; News release by the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) dated December 10, 1964. Provides a brief history of the Council of Federated Organizations (COFO), as well as details of a recent meeting. Describes COFO as the largest group of civil rights workers ever united under the umbrella of one organization. The group of programs sponsored by COFO was considered the largest of any civil rights effort in history to date.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 20
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries