- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Student voice, Vol. 6, no. 2; 30 April 1965
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- African American Politicians
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Sunflower County (Miss.)
White Citizens councils
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; The newsletter of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), this issue of the Student Voice (Vol. 6, no. 2) is dated April 30, 1965. Includes articles about the increase of violence in areas where voter registration has increased, the strike of cotton workers in the Delta, and the election Julian Bond in Georgia. An article on the White Citizen's councils, continued from the last issues, is also included, as well as other reports from all over the state of Mississippi.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 21
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries