- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Student voice, Vol. 5, no. 22; 23 September 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; The newsletter of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), this issue of the Student Voice (Vol. 5, no. 22), is dated September 23, 1964. A major portion of the publication is dedicated to bombings and other violent incidents that occurred in McComb, Mississippi, in the summer of 1964. Other reports discuss the inclusion of African-American candidates on election ballots throughout the South, as well as other on-going political activities."(Note on images) At the time of publication, the layout of the text between pages two and three of the original document was such that text spanned the gutter. During the scanning of pages two and three, the Special Report section of the document was split right down the middle of a column of text. In this digtal reproduction, an image for the text that spans the gutter was inserted between the images for pages two and three, and marked for identification as "GUTTER TEXT".
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 21
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries