- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memorandum: on the SNCC Mississippi Summer Project; 
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Mississippi Freedom Project
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Memorandum composed by the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) in an effort to recruit volunteers and solicit financial support for the Mississippi Summer Project of 1964. Provides a brief history of the organization, as well as its objectives for the upcoming Summer Project. Major areas of activity included: Freedom Schools, community centers, voter registration, and special projects.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 20
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries