- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Press release, Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party; April 4, 1966
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- Date of Original:
- African American Politicians
Civil rights movement
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Press release by the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP), dated April 4, 1966, titled "Six Candidates File to Run in the State Democratic Party Primary." The statement announces the plans of the MFDP to run six candidates for Congress in the June 1966 election and gives a brief biography of the candidates. Those involved include: Rev. Clifton R. Whitley, Ralthus Hayes, Rev. Ed King, Rev. Clint Collier, and Lawrence Guyot.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 16
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries