- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Washington office - MFDP to support organizations; August 30, 1965
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Ryan, William F., 1922-1972
- Date of Original:
- Contested elections
Justice and politics
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
United States. Congress
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Memo from the Washington office of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) to supporting organizations, dated August 30, 1965. Requests that supporters of the MFDP lobby their congressmen on behalf of the Congressional Challenge, in an effort to stimulate action on the issue during the current session of Congress. Includes a statement in support of the MFDP by Congressman William F. Ryan.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 16
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries