- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Call to action; July 1965
- National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Justice and politics
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; "A Call to Action" issued by the Commission on Religion and Race of the National Council of Churches, requesting the support of churches for the Congressional Challenge effort led by the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP)" The challenge is explained in relation to the United States Constitution. The Voting Rights bill is also explained, and the stance taken by activists in Mississippi is also discussed.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries