- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Statement by John Lewis, SNCC Chairman; May 17, 1965
- Lewis, John, 1940 Feb. 21-
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
Justice and politics
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Statement by John Lewis, Chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), issued on May 17, 1965, in support of the Congressional Challenge of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP)" Discusses the issues of the challenge, and pledges the full support of SNCC.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries