- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Testimony on proposed voting legislation in 89th Congress; 25 March 1965
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Representative government and representation
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Typewritten copy of the testimony given by Victoria Jackson Gray (Adams) before the House Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee #5, dated March 25, 1965. Expresses thanks for the opportunity to express views on the voter registration bill, and includes four recommendations that should add strength to the bill.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries