- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party to Northern supporters of MFDP; March 29, 1965
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- Date of Original:
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Representative government and representation
United States. Voting Rights Act of 1965
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Memo from the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) to Northern supporters of the MFDP, dated March 29, 1965. Discusses the potential of the voter registration bill and the importance of the MFDP National Conference. Also discusses the ramifications of a successful push for the voter registration bill, the unseating of the Mississippi Congressional delegates, and the theme of the up-coming MFDP conference.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries