- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Washington newsletter; February 1965
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Justice and politics
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Newsletter compiled of excerpts from several media sources, such as the Jackson Daily News and the New Orleans Times Picayune, to show the seriousness of the Congressional Challenge. Also covers the Congressional Challenge by showing the role of racism in the illegal election of politicians in Mississippi. The importance of the support of Northern organizations and public officials is also discussed.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries