- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party to friends; undated
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
- Date of Original:
- African American Politicians
Democratic Party (Miss.)
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Memo from the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) to friends, no date given, written in an effort to solicit help with the Freedom Vote from Mississippi Summer Project volunteers. The Freedom Vote is described as an attempt to encourage all Mississippians over the age of 21 to vote. Friends of the MFDP are also updated on the activities of the party, as well as anticipated challenges. Also included is an application to be filled out by volunteers.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries