- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- CORE community center flyer; undated
- Congress of Racial Equality
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Congress of Racial Equality
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- Flyer from the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Flyer distributed by the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) in an effort to raise funds for community centers, which were central to the success of the CORE programs. Community centers were used for educational programs, socialization, and recreational activities for economically and culturally deprived citizens of all races. Includes a section to be detached and returned with contributions.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 11
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries