- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Mississippi summer project staff to summer project workers; May 5, 1964
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Letter from the Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) staff to volunteers chosen to work on voter registration as part of the Mississippi Summer Project, dated May 5, 1964. Informs the recipient of upcoming assignments and priorities, and includes a list of books to be read that will help to establish a common knowledge base among the volunteers.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 10
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries