- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Freedom School data; circa 1960s
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- African American African American children
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Discrimination in education
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Report describing the progress of Freedom Schools in various locations in Mississippi, such as McComb, Hattiesburg, and the Delta region. Discusses the planned performances of the play "In White America" by the Free Southern Theater, as well as performances by the Mississippi Summer Caravan of Music. Includes excerpts from Freedom School newspapers and essays by Freedom School students.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 8
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries