- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, COFO Hattiesburg staff to Friends; December 28, 1964
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Typewritten letter from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi, Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) staff, dated December 28, 1964. Informs friends of COFO of the plans to send 1,000 people to Washington, D.C. on January 4, 1965, for the Congressional Challenge, as well as plans for new programs and demonstrations. Requests financial support and states that the organization is currently out of money.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 6
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries