- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Incident summary -- Mississippi; October 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Summary of acts of violence and intimidation against African Americans and civil rights workers that occurred in Mississippi in October 1964. Includes the date, location, and brief description of each incident. Arrests, assaults, cross burnings, police misconduct, and other acts of intimidation are included in the report.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 8
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries