- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- WATS line summary; 1964
- Date of Original:
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- Transcribed copy of a summary of the development of Mississippi Freedom Schools, lists of the number of schools and the number of students that attended each. Also includes an account of violent attacks against African Americans in Mississippi during Freedom Summer, as well as a brief statement of the activities of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP).
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 6
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries