- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Newsletter, Mississippi Freedom Project; undated
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Transcribed copy of a letter written in an effort to solicit help for Freedom Summer volunteers in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Discusses James Silver's book Mississippi: The Closed Society, the voting statistics quoted therein, and social factors that discourage African Americans from voting. There is also a description of the purpose and positive effects of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 5
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries