- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Betty Garman to SNCC volunteers; undated
- Robinson, Betty Garman
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Civil rights workers
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Typewritten letter from Betty Garman, Northern coordinator for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), to SNCC volunteers. Garman thanks the volunteers and solicits additional support for assistance regarding bombings in McComb, Mississippi.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 5
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries