- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memo, Virginia Steele to library workers; August 7, 1964
- Steele, Virginia
- Date of Original:
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Memo from Virginia Steele, co-coordinator of the Mississippi Summer Project libraries, to librarians, dated August 7, 1964. Steele requests the attendance of library workers at a meeting to be held in Greenville, Mississippi, to discuss concerns of the community and ideas to help increase usage of the library. Also includes directions to the Greenville Freedom School, where the meeting will be held.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries