- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Freedom press; undated
- Mississippi Freedom Schools
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Mississippi Freedom Project
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; This edition of the Freedom Press, a production of Freedom School students, contains articles on topics such as canvassing, letters to government officials, and breaking down the barriers between races. Also contains articles about the personal experiences of some of the participants of Freedom Summer.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 3
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries